Salary: $0.00 to $100,000.00 /year
The Project Manager is a key member of the Whitco team. This person is responsible for managing the quality, safety, productivity and profitability of all phases of the construction process for all assigned projects, interfacing with all parties to insure the highest standards are achieved.
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage all Production Division staff (Superintendents, subcontractors, production technicians, sheet metal technicians, etc) on assigned projects to insure efficiency and overall functionality.
- Order all materials, forklifts, cranes, tools, equipment, dumpsters and portable toilets for all assigned projects. Obtain multiple vendor quotes to insure competitive pricing.
- Issue and track PO numbers for purchases on all assigned projects.
- Request sheet metal fabrication from Metal Shop Manager to insure timely fabrication.
- Achieve project budget objectives for all assigned projects.
- Negotiate and draft all subcontractor agreements on all assigned projects.
- Place a copy of all project information in the specific M Drive project folder.
- Send Director Operations weekly amounts to bill clients on all assigned projects.
- Review all subcontractor performance and support their efforts as required.
- Review and insure work has been completed in accordance with subcontractors’ billing requests. Send subcontractor billing request approvals and denials to Production Manager.
- Attend hand-off meetings with Account Executive and Estimator for all assigned projects. Never start a project unless this meeting has been conducted.
- Communicate a tentative start date for each project to the client via e-mail (copy Account Executive, Production Manager, and VP of Operations) and phone call no later than 5 pm on Wednesday after hand-off meeting has occurred the previous week.
- Generate description of additional scope of work, price and draft change orders (on assigned projects) when the scope of work deviates from the contract. Administer the change order process including obtaining written approval from client before proceeding with the work, filing / saving paperwork and digital files, and proper communication to all parties involved including client, Superintendent, Account Executive, metal shop / warehouse, and accounting.
- Work with the Safety Representative and Superintendents to insure safe, OSHA compliant job sites on all assigned project