“Whitco Roofing is a unique “white collar” roofing company nurturing long term relationships with our clients.”
We are looking for an Estimator to support sales initiatives by producing accurate estimates of the construction costs for projects by the required deadline. Design appropriate roofing scopes of work for each project based on roofing knowledge, experience, specific field conditions and client expectations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Quantify all costs (material, labor, equipment, any & all applicable taxes, permits, safety equipment / setup etc.) and create estimates using Edge software for roof replacements.
2. Obtain multiple competitive quotes in writing from vendors on material, equipment, subcontractors, dumpsters, etc. and save these quotes to the company’s internal drive.
3. Research and document permit costs and calculation formulas for all estimates.
4. Work with Production Division to quantify accurate costs for means and methods.
5. Based on experience, vendor quotes, roofing knowledge and past data, adjust each line of item of the estimate to conform to the specific project conditions.
6. Enter detailed Scenario Notes in the Edge to inform Account Executive of what has been included in the estimate.
7. Check WhitCommand information, photos, roof drawings and other data from Assistant Account
8. Thoroughly review and understand all construction documents (plans, specs and addenda) for projects you are estimating.
9. Meet with Account Executives before beginning each estimate to ascertain client needs, define the most cost-effective scope of work to meet those needs and serve as a resource for technical and practical knowledge.
10. Always offer value engineering opportunities and possible add options.
11. Update repair and estimate bid log spreadsheets on M Drive with information on projects you are estimating.
12. Maintain positive attitude and appropriate attire. Clean Whitco Roofing collared polo or pressed dress shirt, and slacks (no jeans).
13. Complete other duties as assigned.
– Strong Organizational Skills
– Excellent Communication Skills both oral & written
Qualifications, Skills, Education and Experience
– Written and verbal communication skills, Spanish a plus
– Reporting skills
– Supply management
– Computer software skills including Microsoft Office
– Time management skills
– Presentation skills
– Office equipment maintenance
– Three to five years of estimating experience
– Edge Software experience a plus
– Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
– Candidates should have sufficient mathematical abilities and analytical skills required to perform complex commercial construction project estimating.
– Position requires keen attention to detail and the ability to recognize discrepancies, patterns and formulas.
– This is a fast-paced position, which requires advanced time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
– Candidates should have an appreciation and understanding of technology and possess the ability to quickly learn new applications and programs.
– Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including intermediate – advanced Excel capabilities.
– Recent college graduates with commercial roofing experience encouraged to apply.
– This position provides considerable advancement opportunity for the right individual.
– The majority of the work will take place at Whitco’s headquarters office in Atlanta, with occasional site inspections of commercial roofs typically with an inspection team.
– While commercial roofing experience is required for this position, the amount of experience is less important than the individual’s desire to exceed expectations and complete projects enthusiastically in a team-oriented environment.
– Able to climb up & down ladders.
– Understanding of specification-driven bidding processes.
– Valid driver’s license
KEY RESULTS: To provide accurate, timely estimates of Whitco Roofing’s cost to perform jobs allowing profit margins to be adjusted to win projects and remain profitable. Work hard, work safe, make money and have fun!